The Composition course is an occupational & vocational training programme that is structured to train Learners as effective Music Professionals.
The Design of this qualification will enable you to progressively obtain 3 different certificates by Completing N4, N5 and N6 in Composition either separately with breaks in between, or in one extended study period of 18months and then apply the theoretical knowledge and skills learned in the workplace for an extended period. You will learn to work through all phases of the composition process, from generation of first ideas to completion of a professionally presented score, to interact with performers in rehearsals, culminating in a public performance of your work. This qualification enables the learners to be employed within the Music/Audio industry as Music Composers, Music Producers and Music Directors.
- Operate fundamental MIDI Components for Sound Engineering
- Understand Music Business philosophy and the role of Manager,Business Manager, and attorney
- Understand how to create the control techniques needed for different sounds
- Understand harmony & Improvisation
- Write and score for strings and woodwinds instrument
- Mix and Master a Song or Project
- Music Business and style N4-N6
- Arranging and production N4-N6
- Electronic music and keyboard technique N4-N6
- Composition N4-N6
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance Learning
- Full-Time Study: Monday to Friday (20hours per week)
- Part-Time Study: Saturdays Only (4 Hours)
- Full-Time Study: 18 months
- Part-Time Study: 2years
- Grade 12 or an NQF level 3
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
- Music aptitude
Revolution Media Academy does not charge for Application Fee. The following Processes are followed when enroling with us.
- 1. You submit your application
- 2. We give an acceptance letter or feedback on your Application
- 3. You accept the offer and make payment according to your payment options.
The Institution provides various monthly instalment options on all long format courses. Select your preferred monthly payment option during registration. Monthly instalment options include interest.
- Study Guides are included in the Tuition Fee
- The course is presented but (not limited) on the latest version of “Logic Pro X” and “Cubase” Digital Audio Workstation Software.
- In order to work remotely as well, it is recommended that students obtain their own licenses of the primary software platforms.
- Registered students qualify for up to 50% student discount on software and hardware.