The Music Performance course is an occupational & vocational training programme that is structured to train Learners as effective Music Professionals. This qualification is aimed at giving you the technical, theoretical and practical knowledge required in Music Performance across a range of styles and repertoire with an extensive elective of music instrument options that allows you tailor the program to suit your specialisation and area of interest as you move through the curriculum.
The Design of this qualification will enable learners to progressively obtain 3 different certificates by Completing N4, N5 and N6 in Music Performance either separately with breaks in between, or in one extended study period of 18months and then apply the theoretical knowledge and skills learned in the workplace for an extended period. This course will Develop your critical thinking and creative problem-solving through regular performance-based activities and theoretical studies
- Broaden musical knowledge across a range of styles and repertoire
- Write and score for strings and woodwinds instrument
- Make critically informed and sophisticated responses to new musical ideas, methodologies and theoretical frameworks
- Develop a variety of skills, knowledge and understandings across a range of practical, theoretical and conceptual aspects of music
- Music Business and style N4-N6
- Aural & Ensemble N4-N6
- Improvisation technique N4-N6
- Practical Music Intrument (Vocal, Guitar,Piano, N4-N6)
- Apple Mancintosh Skills (Computer Tech)
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance Learning
- Full-Time Study: Monday to Friday (20hours per week)
- Part-Time Study: Saturdays Only (4 Hours)
- Full-Time Study: 18 months
- Part-Time Study: 2years
- Grade 12 or an NQF level 3
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
- Music aptitude
Revolution Media Academy does not charge for Application Fee. The following Processes are followed when enroling with us.
- 1. You submit your application
- 2. We give an acceptance letter or feedback on your Application
- 3. You accept the offer and make payment according to your payment options.
The Institution provides various monthly instalment options on all long format courses. Select your preferred monthly payment option during registration. Monthly instalment options include interest.
- Study Guides are included in the Tuition Fee
- The course is presented but (not limited) on the latest version of “Logic Pro X” and “Cubase” Digital Audio Workstation Software.
- In order to work remotely as well, it is recommended that students obtain their own licenses of the primary software platforms.
- Registered students qualify for up to 50% student discount on software and hardware.