This qualification has been developed for people who work or intend to work as junior journalists and who seek recognition for essential competence. Recipients of this qualification are able to write a variety of journalism texts and report at entry level. The qualification is designed to be flexible and accessible to all in journalism and wishing to enter journalism after undergraduate study or equivalent experience. It allows people to write and report in accordance with the requirements of a specific media news enterprise.
The core competencies lay the foundation for a person to develop a career in sub-editing, writing and/or reporting. The elective category makes provision for specialisation in a particular medium or section of a medium and entry into sub-editing, and in doing so, increases the learner`s employment possibilities.
- Communicate effectively with interview subjects, sources, the public, and teams.
- Work in a team to meet given time frames and contribute to effective working relations in teams.
- Research a variety of topics, events and issues to produce relevant information and verify sources for facts used.
- Report ethically and professionally to record and produce facts and descriptions.
- Produce final form output that uses language and idiom correctly and appropriately for specified contexts.
- Meet production deadlines through the management of time and other resources.
- Evaluate journalistic conduct and output.
- Report within specific community contexts.
- Business Communications
- Broadcast Journalism
- Time and Resources Management
- Research Techniques
- Reporting Techniques
- Journalistic Ethics
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance Learning
- Full-Time Study: Monday to Friday (20hours per week)
- Part-Time Study: Saturdays Only (4 Hours)
- Full-Time Study: 18 months
- Part-Time Study: 2years
- Grade 12 or an NQF level 3
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
- Music aptitude
Revolution Media Academy does not charge for Application Fee. The following Processes are followed when enroling with us.
- 1. You submit your application
- 2. We give an acceptance letter or feedback on your Application
- 3. You accept the offer and make payment according to your payment options.
The Institution provides various monthly instalment options on all long format courses. Select your preferred monthly payment option during registration. Monthly instalment options include interest.
- Study Guides are included in the Tuition Fee
- The course is presented but (not limited) on the latest version of “Logic Pro X” and “Cubase” Digital Audio Workstation Software.
- In order to work remotely as well, it is recommended that students obtain their own licenses of the primary software platforms.
- Registered students qualify for up to 50% student discount on software and hardware.