This Qualification provides you with the necessary competence to enter the Sound & Music industry by ensuring that you can manage functions & operate within a sound technology workplace. In Level 4 (first year) learners will attain competence that will enable them to contribute meet specific industry requirements and adopt individual characteristic traits for operating in the field of sound engineering.
The Sound Technology Course is Design to enable learners to obtain two different certificates by progressively Completing NQF level 4 & 5 either separately with breaks in between, or in one extended study period of 2years. The level 4 offers one elective (Dejay Techniques) & Level 5 builds on the knowledge and skills that you gained in the previous level 4, allowing you to develop your skills further, and introduces you to more advance specialist disciplines related to sound production, including sound design, Mixing & Mastering, Sound mixing for Film & Tv Production, sound captioning & booming.e.t.c.
Level 4 (Year 1) Exit Outcomes
- Use mathematics for personal and business applications
- Use and interpret language effectively for verbal and non-verbal communication
- Prepare for Sound Engineering for productions
- Operate Sound Engineering equipment for efficient and effective use in productions
- Engineer sound for recordings and productions to produce an album for delivery.
- Operate fundamental MIDI components for Sound Engineering
- Set up DJ equipment for effective use by the DJ
Level 5 (Year 2) Exit Outcomes
- Use information technology in the workplace to enhance overall efficiency and effectiveness
- Work with others for productions
- Engineer sound for productions
- Set up, test and maintain sound equipment
- Plan sound productions to ensure optimal use of resource
- Manage a studio for routine operations
- Perform DJ activities to an audience
Level 4 (Year 1) Modules
- Math Literacy
- Sound Management
- Sound Operations
- Apple Mancintosh Skills (Computer Tech)
- Music Technology
- Dejay Techniques
Level 5 (Year 2) Modules
- Team Work & Time Management
- Project Management
- Sound Design
- Audio Mixing
- Audio Mastering
- End User Computing
- Music Production
- Technical Operations
- Full Time
- Part Time
- Distance Learning
- Full-Time Study: Monday to Friday (20hours per week)
- Part-Time Study: Saturdays Only (4 Hours)
- Full-Time Study: 1 year for each NQF Level
- Part-Time Study: 2years
- Grade 11 or an NQF level 3
- Computer literacy
- English language (spoken and written)
Revolution Media Academy does not charge for Application Fee. The following Processes are followed when enroling with us.
- 1. You submit your application
- 2. We give an acceptance letter or feedback on your Application
- 3. You accept the offer and make payment according to your payment options.
The Institution provides various monthly instalment options on all long format courses. Select your preferred monthly payment option during registration. Monthly instalment options include interest.
- Study Guides are included in the Tuition Fee
- The course is presented but (not limited) on the latest version of “Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X, After Effect, Logic Pro X, Nuendo, ” and “Cubase” Digital Audio Workstation Software.
- In order to work remotely as well, it is recommended that students obtain their own licenses of the primary software platforms.
- Registered students qualify for up to 50% student discount on software and hardware.